Sunday, June 23, 2019

2019-06-23 Athens, Acropolis

After a screw-up with our tour guide reservation (my fault), we rescheduled our tour of the Acropolis for later in the day. Explored the national garden a bit in the morning, chilled (literally) inside during the near-hundred degree mid afternoon, then went for our tour. Acropolis was amazing. Boys went back to the apartment and Jenny, Alisa and I had dinner at a sidewalk cafe.

Auditorium

Alisa at Acropolis gates

Alisa and I in front of the Parthenon


 Matthew has had enough. 
(Notable quote: "Get me back to the hotel before I turn this place into the a-crap-olis")


Jenny making friends again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2019-07-16 The trip home

Early morning run along the Zurich waterfront, a nice breakfast at the hotel, and then off to the airport. Zurich → Washington DC → PDX and...